The Southern Nevada Officials Association was formed in 1951. There are more than 800 men and women in the SNOA that are certified to officiate by the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association (NIAA). The classification of schools within the NIAA range from 1A to 5A, and the majority of the schools have full varsity, junior varsity and B programs. SNOA also provides officials for various youth leagues in Southern Nevada.
The SNOA is proud of its members and alumni whose officiating accomplishments include the Olympics, NFL, NBA, MiLB, FIFA, UFC and NCAA.
• To elevate the standards of officiating;
• To provide consistency in the interpretation of the rules that govern their perspective sport;
• To promote good fellowship among the members;
• To encourage and assist in recruiting and developing new officials;
• To abide by a high standard of ethics;
• To certify officials for assignments to NIAA member schools.